Aug 23, 2008

DEAR GOD

ALANSAND'S HUMOUR

Don't forget to click on www.website.ws/alansand


THIS ONE WILL BRING A TEAR ...

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process
all the mail that had illegible addresses. One day, a letter came
addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no actual address. He
thought he should open it to see what it was about. The letter read:

Dear God,

I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday
someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had
until my next pension payment. Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had
invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have
nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my only
hope. Can you please help me?

Sincerely,

Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other
workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few
dollars.
By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which they put
into an envelope and sent to the woman. The rest of the day, all the
workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be
able to share with her friends.

Christmas came and went. A few days later, another letter came from the
same old lady to God. All the workers gathered around while the letter
was opened.
It read:

Dear God,

How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your
gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had
a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing. I think it might have been those
bastards at the post office.

No comments: